The 12 Buffet Commandments
When you’re going to a buffet to try and eat more value than you paid for.
These are the 12 commandments to win on the food Buffet.
- Don’t eat for 12 hours before hand, drink a lot of water to keep stomach expanded.
- 1 hour before hand take an HCL (hydrochloric acid) tablet or other digestion aid to help break down the proteins.
- NO BREAD.
- Hit prawns first. Easy to digest protein and with any luck will be gone by the time you’re at dessert.
- Use a ton of lemon juice on the prawns. Sure, have some cocktail sauce, but too much sauce can make the digestion sluggish.
- Let’s keep drinks to a minimum guys. Plenty of time to have beers this arvo as you’re sleeping it off. They cost money AND fill you up. It’s a double tax.
- Move onto carvery meats next and keep your meats in order. Don’t bounce back and forth between meats, you’ll get gassy. Gas = wasted space.
- Drink a double espresso halfway through the meal. With any luck this will get your guts moving and you get another crack at the meats.
- Eat roast potatoes and starchy foods sparingly. If there is a killer pasta, it should be the last food before dessert as it WILL fill you quick.
- Don’t “Leave room for dessert”. You will always have room for dessert. Only finish savory when you’re in a little bit of pain.
- Eat as much dessert as possible in a 10 minute window. The excitement of all the sugar will briefly shock your system into forgetting it’s full.
- Eat cold desserts last. There is a theory that the coldness may shock the stomach and shrink it.
Good luck out there.